With ringing endorsements from Motown icons like Lamont Dozier, who collaborated on Luke’s ICONS OF SOUL album, and Smokey Robinson who shouted him out on Twitter “Check out @lukemcmaster’s cover of my song ‘Ooh Baby Baby,’” adding, “Amazing job, Luke!” Luke confidently honours the Motown era that we know and love while crafting new soulful hits for the next generation.
Luke has that "boy-next-door", easy-going charm that audiences find irresistible. His original songs, deeply influenced by early soul, are filled with irresistible, toe-tapping rhythms and catchy melodies. Audiences frequently sing along, especially when he breaks into favorite Motown hits like "My Girl" or "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours"!
Luke's live concert, which scales from intimate acoustic performances to 6-pc band, is an audience-pleasing blend of original tunes in his signature neo-soul/pop style paired with favourite soulful classics.
- Singer/songwriter of GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFUL, charting #3 on Billboard AC while remaining top 20 for 15 weeks
- Named BellMedia “Emerging Artist” for “Good Morning Beautiful”, co-written with multi-Platinum American and Grammy-nominated recording artist, Jim Brickman
- Much covered songwriter with multiple credits for notables as Rihanna, Nick Lachey (98 Degrees), Jesse Labelle, Eva Avila and Marc Jordan, with numerous placements and projects for film and TV
- Formerly, one half of “Gold” selling Canadian pop duo, McMaster & James
- Most recently wrote and recorded new music with Lamont Dozier (Holland Dozier Holland) and Felix Cavaliere (The Rascals) for his album ICONS OF SOUL and created a short doc about Dozier at the same time