Soul Singer - Songwriter
early soul - motown - r&B
Award-winning Canadian singer and prolific songwriter, Luke McMaster is one half of Gold selling Canadian duo, McMaster & James. Luke cut his teeth with some of the biggest acts of the day, opening for Randy Bachman, Justin Timberlake, Christine Aguilera and more. Following writing collaborations with such global superstars as Rihanna, Luke has returned to his passion and roots, as a performing artist. Strongly influenced by such icons as Al Green, Hall & Oates and Marvin Gaye, Luke’s live show is an audience-pleasing blend of original tunes in Luke’s signature neo-soul/pop style paired with favourite early Motown classics.
- Singer/songwriter of GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFUL, charting #3 on Billboard AC while remaining top 20 for 15 weeks
- Named BellMedia “Emerging Artist” for “Good Morning Beautiful”, co-written with multi-Platinum American and Grammy-nominated recording artist, Jim Brickman
- Much covered songwriter with multiple credits for notables as Rihanna, Nick Lachey (98 Degrees), Jesse Labelle, Eva Avila and Marc Jordan, with numerous placements and projects for film and TV
- Formerly, one half of “Gold” selling Canadian pop duo, McMaster & James
- Most recently wrote and recorded new music with Lamont Dozier (Holland Dozier Holland) and Felix Cavaliere (The Rascals) for his album ICONS OF SOUL and created a short doc about Dozier at the same time.